Advantages of following the teaching of the New Testament in regard to local church organization and practice
- It fulfills the need for Christ to be Head.
- It allows the full counsel of the Word of God to be applied to the individual believer and the local church.
- It provides more balanced ministry, edifying people through spiritual gifts.
- It gives more opportunity for the use of gifts and provides a structure for development of gifts, especially speaking gifts.
- It allows the free work of the Holy Spirit.
- It encourages gifted speakers to open the Bible accurately and in ways that capture the attention of hearers.
- It makes believers more aware of their responsibilities before God.
- It provides, through multiple leadership, a means for uncovering and stopping doctrinal error.
- It is adaptable in times of persecution.
- It encourages natural evangelism.
- It encourages greater awareness of and participation in missions.
- It discourages placing our confidence in human beings.
- It is adjustable to all societies.
We encourage you to compare what is written here with the Word of God.